We use MSSQL in work. And we use IIS as an internal web server. I want to develop some small applications in a throwaway scratch space before I upload them to the IIS server, so I use a virtual machine running Debian Linux and Apache.
I ran into some problems using PDO to connect to the SQL server. I was using the
ODBC driver and had it all set up properly. I could connect with
I was able to run queries and get back information. Happy days, I thought. I tried
it through a PHP script and running a simple query was no problem. I was able to
SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE id=1.
Then I tried a stored procedure.
This wasn’t so successful. I ended up getting a Segmentation Fault. I did some
basic troubleshhoting using
die('okay'); after each line and narrowed it down
fetchstatement. So off to the Googles I went.
It seems there is a longstanding bug with using ODBC to connect to MSSQL using PHP
on Linux. The solution was pretty simple, use
The new connection string then became
Make sure to have the
php5-sybase package installed as that is the one that
provides the dblib connection. Once that was installed, I was able to connect and
query the database to my heart’s content.